Renewables Asset Manager
- Location: Remote – US
42 Renewables LLC (“42 Renew”, the “Company” or “We”) is a small nimble team of renewable energy professionals. We are looking to add a Renewables Asset Manager to our team. This position will be responsible for setting up and managing an asset management program. This would include establishing guidelines, vendors, financial oversight, budgeting, financial forecasting and operation and maintenance for energy assets.
Applicants should desire to work in a small dynamic cross-disciplinary team, wish to contribute beyond asset management, be a self-starter and be seeking new opportunities to grow professionally.
This role will be responsible for driving the profitability of assets under management through close collaboration with accounting, regulatory, trading, asset development, technical, and related groups. The Asset Manager will ensure the output of the asset is in line with forecasts, the production is properly billed and accounted for, appropriate hedges are in place, where applicable, that required maintenance is scheduled and completed as required, and any contractual obligations related to a given asset are fulfilled.
- Maintain an understanding of the underlying project assets and our investment structures (financial, technical & contractual), including managing operational reviews, compliance, financial reporting, and optimization
- Work with internal and external operations, engineering, development, legal, and finance teams
- Manage relationships with stakeholders in solar projects e.g. PPA counterparties, property owners, local governments
- Manage and monitor compliance in all contracts and activities
- Identify, assess, and support asset optimization by preparing cost/benefit analysis for each optimization initiative, considering terms of the contracts associated with the asset, asset performance, engineering cost estimates and implementation schedules from the various subject matter experts
- Familiarity with computerized DAS/SCADA/Monitoring systems, interconnection agreements and data management
- Monitor system performance and performing corrective actions as required, utilizing both internal and external resources, and maintaining a database with key information of operating projects
- Track causes of system issues and make recommendations to procurement and operations team for equipment selection
- Understand financial models and the potential impact of operations on investments
- Ability to build and updating financial models
- Ability to define issues, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives, and develop sound conclusions
- Responsible for the financial performance of the portfolio, while monitoring sites and making recommendations for O&M teams.
- Project tracking from construction to commissioning to asset management
- Collect project data and documentation (construction, engineering, development sales)
- O&M management, purchasing, parts planning, inventory tracking, inventory management, project file management, maintenance reporting
- Utilize internal production reporting platform for tracking system production across fleet
- Prepare periodic asset management reports (including operational and financial performance)
- Manage additional asset managers as the team grows
- 5+ years of experience with an IPP, utility, AM or O&M provider or renewables developer
- Solar operating project experience is a must, other renewables such as wind, storage a plus.
- Degree in engineering, related technical field, or extensive hands-on experience
- Authorization to work in the US
- Experience with solar contracts (PPA) and interpreting key terms and data
- Knowledgeable in standard applied codes such as the NEC
- Experience with O&M contracts and third party contractors.
- Support development with estimated costs for services.
- This position will be a salaried, exempt, full-time, remote position
- Limited travel may be required
- We are an equal opportunity company and welcome all applicants